Tuesday, October 23, 2007

In Command

I was realizing today how odd it is that my "flagship" character, Commander X, is one I haven't drawn at all in a LONG time. I doodle Wozar frequently. I've been working on my RPG characters. Heck, I even draw Tygre at work. But seldom Commander X. Today I remedied that.

I'm actually toying with the idea of redesigning him somewhat, but for now I stuck to my classic design (which reminds me: I should post the REALLY classic design for you to all laugh at sometime). Click the thumbnail for a larger view.

2 comments:

The Ninja said...

I like it. The way the collar turns up strikes me in particular on this one. Hair is good. Expression is good. If I fixed one thing is would be in the realm of the glasses.

The thing is, I think I can see what you're going for with the look. But I keep seeing a little too much of f this when I look at them sometimes, and it freaks me out sometimes.

Just an idea, because you asked and I'm trying to be helpful.

Commander X said...

That's part of what I'm considering re-designing. They're blast goggles, and NOBODY sees it. Which means they need to be adjusted.

It's funny you mentioned the collar, that got more attention than usual this time. While I was drawing it I found that I had been using quite a few visual short-cuts for YEARS on this character, that I don't let myself get away with when I sketch other things this way. So I tried to avoid them. Tried to think in 3D space more than I usually do with these characters.

I also made his face too long.