Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Marvelous Epiphany

I've had a major breakthrough today, and I'd like to share it with all of you.

Lately I've been doing a lot of soul-searching, asking a lot of important, heavy questions about my life and what I'm doing with it. Answers were few and far between... until this morning. When I woke up this morning, I finally realized why I was so existentially unhappy. I now know what I need to do.

I need to stop reading DC Comics. They suck.

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman... Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman... they've all failed me. (Well, maybe not Aquaman). Everybody dies, and then isn't dead, or they fight, and then they're buddies, or something. It's all so juvenile.

Not like Marvel Comics.

They're so much more mature and realistic: Their heroes face REAL problems and REAL emotions! Captain America died and he stayed DEAD. So that's it. I'm joining The Merry Marvel Marching Society. I've been standing straighter and walking prouder all morning as I've carted my DC comic books to the trash.

To celebrate, here's a sketch of one of Marvel's greatest anti-heroes, direct from the grim-and-gritty late 1980's: Venom. EXCELSIOR!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude Venom is weak you need to see the light that is the pure awesome of CARNAGE.

Anonymous said...

April Fool's ????

LibraryGelfling said...

I think good April fools! You CAN'T ditch BATMAN!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so right omg! I'm glad you have realized these things. I am named Bill by my friends call me sanosuke. I have seen all the anime and I love MARVEL COMICS!!!

I can show you all the best stuff! X-men. Spiderman. The Avengers. (that's their real name for the ULTIMATES!! i have been a fan for a long time!) Hulk!! Hulk is my favorite. His story plots have the best action!!

We should be friends! Who has the bst action do you think? Wolverine or Venom? I can't decide! They have so much deep character in their fights I love it!!